Professional Services and Support
The Virtue approach
We recognise that every academic establishment is different. That is why we have developed a comprehensive portfolio of support and service options that can be tailored to meet any requirement. Delivered by our experienced and accredited staff our services can take care of all your day-to-day support requirements as well as dealing with special projects. These include:
- Managed services – designed for different types of schools
- Support – hardware, software and live proactive monitoring
- Installation & integration – bespoke installation services
- Complimentary services – cyber security reviews, project management, business continuity and training
Our project management services enable a school to completely outsource or complement their existing in-house resources to provide a total solution to all their ICT support requirements. We work alongside our customers to deliver their ICT plans – taking the burden away from staff members. Our services are specifically designed for different school types and cover:
- Primary – Delivering a reliable, safe and secure environment that provides: first-line support, administration and development of all ICT resources
- Secondary and FE – Full or part-managed specialist services that complement existing in-house solutions and services
- Academies, Federations & Free schools and new build projects – We work as or with a lead integrator as part of a supply chain or in partnership to offer complimentary support services for new capital build programmes
Our Project management services combine elements of our support options and other services (see below) to deliver a tailor-made solution to precisely meet your needs.
Our support services provide essential help and advice. We recognise that every school is different and so we offer a modular and flexible approach that enables you to design a support solution that exactly matches your requirements without the need for long-term contracts. This includes:
- Hardware support – We offer break/fix hardware support with all the major vendors equipment supported. With a huge stock of all parts and national coverage, we can give a guaranteed fix time of up to 4-hours and 24/7 support available 7 days a week.
- Software support - Complimentary support services for server-based software products such as Windows server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange and VMware virtualisation products. These can be provided as unlimited on-site and remote support contracts. Telephone support contracts are also available. All our support contracts can be delivered with flexible service levels of up to 2-hours response. Software support can also be combined with hardware support and managed services to give a complete support package.
- Live monitoring - Proactive monitoring services to assist in-house resources or work in combination with our managed support services to deliver a complete support package. This service can help find problems before they affect your systems, maximise network uptime and allow proper planning of problem resolution as opposed to continual fire fighting.
Installation and Integration
Choosing, integrating and installing the right technologies requires extensive experience coupled with practical skills. To develop these attributes and the critical mass of staff to deliver them on-time involves a large investment in both staff and training.
Virtue has made this necessary investment. We now employ a large number of certified in-house engineers who adhere to ITIL and FITS methodologies. This enables us to offer a complete range of bespoke installation and integration services that covers:
- Microsoft Windows Domain upgrades
- Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Storage, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Client and server virtualisation
- Cyber security
All projects are fully scoped, costed and agreed prior to work starting and complimented by our free-of-charge pre-sales design service to ensure your installation runs smoothly.
We also offer a full range of complimentary services including:
- Consultancy - Designed to help bridge the gap between in-house technical teams and senior leadership. Offering impartial advice on procurement and help with development plans.
- Project Management – Our in-house project management services give you access to Prince 2 certified service delivery mangers.
- Business Continuity - Consultancy and design services to ensure disaster recovery plans are in place and up to the required standards
- Training - Complete training services can be delivered for all the technologies we provide. These range from off-site certificated courses to on-site bespoke technical and user training.
Request a Quote
Please complete the following and we will contact you shortly:
I started to work with Virtue a number of years ago. It was a big decision for the school to move from the support company that we had been working with for many years, but we took a leap of faith with Virtue and it turned out to be an excellent decision.