Opportunity for an Outstanding Network & Security Engineer
Virtue Technologies wish to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Network & Security Engineer to work in their fast paced and growing business.
Virtue Technologies work in partnership with our customers, aiming towards a common goal of improving teaching and learning, ultimately supporting a school towards its ICT vision. We do this by providing a customised and local service that is both flexible and innovative. An ISO9001 accredited company and Department for Education ICT Framework Supplier, Virtue Technologies is a leading provider of IT solutions to local authorities, schools, regional broadband consortia, academy trusts, colleges and businesses.
This role will be a mixture of field and office based at our HQ in Skelmersdale. The successful candidate will predominantly lead project implementations on customers sites for firewalls and associated security and networking technologies.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a first class communicator, innovative and collaborative.
- Be customer focused and have the ability to build long term and productive relationships.
- Be looking to make a valuable contribution to Virtue Technologies and its customers.
- Be based at the Virtue Technologies Head Office and regularly work on customer sites.
- Have working experience of firewalls and web filters. Experience of the Sophos suite of products would be an advantage but not essential.
- Can demonstrate strong technical skills, with at least 3 years implementation experience of firewalls and networking infrastructure.
- Hold at least one manufacturer certification relating to networking and/or security.
- Other skills, such as networking enterprise wireless and internet are an advantage.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work with a highly engaging and forward thinking Team
- Exposure to new technologies such as, wireless solutions, virtualisation, cloud platforms, mobile solutions, internet delivery and gateway security.
- An opportunity to build and further develop good practice.
- High quality development opportunities, where Virtue Technologies invest in you and your skills.
- A starting salary of £25k to £33k (+ extensive benefits inc. healthcare and pension) depending on skills and experience.
This is a great opportunity to develop within a growing business to develop new skills and specialise into your chosen technology.
Virtue Technologies and its customers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.All recruitment is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of technical and communications skills during the interview process.
Prospective candidates should be send their application, including a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.